Highlights of the Bed & Breakfast Courses Include…
This course is just for you…
Whilst there is a skeleton framework of information which we always cover, because our bed & breakfast courses are for one group at a time, we can make them bespoke to any specific requirements you have, enabling you to extract maximum value from your course.
We will walk you through breakfast preparation and service. We discuss room preparation and servicing. We will offer tips to help you manage your time, your suppliers (e.g. Out of Eden), your B&B working day and other regular commitments so you run your business and it doesn’t end up running you.
Our bed & breakfast courses cover all aspects of marketing a B&B or guest house including how to set up your own website, working with the big online travel agents and working with social media. We also look at traditional offline marketing, together with quality assurance and how to obtain and manage reviews.
B&B Know How
Bed & Breakfast Courses – Outline
Thinking of a change of job or a Lifestyle change? Dreaming of a different way of life and being your own boss? Our bed & breakfast courses are aimed at anyone thinking about running a B&B or Guest House, whether by taking on an existing business or starting from scratch.
Although a 2 day course, we do encourage participants to stay with us for the course, arriving by the evening of the day before, so that we can welcome you and have an informal discussion about the course and how it will pan out over the following 2 days….and set you a couple of simple exercises to get you thinking straight away!
- DAY 1
- Breakfast preparation & service
- Time management & bookings
- Room servicing (stays and departs)
- Managing guest expectations
- The hidden costs
- Location & planning
- Who are your guests?
- The legal framework
- DIY or employ staff?
- DAY 2
- Breakfast & Day 1 review
- Marketing – your website
- Marketing – online travel agents
- Marketing – meta search
- Marketing – social media
- Marketing – other
- Quality assurance & reviews
- Documentation & certificates!
Bed & breakfast Courses – Comments and Feedback
Carmen11th March 2020
- “The 2 day course is tailored to your needs and no question goes unanswered. It’s amazing how the time passes and how much there is to learn. Being in the trade for so long, Richard & Elaine have faced it all so can offer you advice on dealing with all types of situations. While staying in their B&B you can really experience how the business works and they’ve got great tips to save you making mistakes, wasting money and maximising profit. Highly recommend their course and I’m hard to please as a training developer myself!”
Bella19th Feb 2020
- “I have just completed a bespoke 2 day training course on how to run a B&B with Richard & Elaine at The Red Townhouse. I thoroughly enjoyed the course, which was informative and educational to a level whereby now I feel fully equipped to pursue with confidence a new career running my own B&B. I know that this training experience will be invaluable. The course was delightful thanks to Richard & Elaine who are clearly a passionate, knowledgeable, and very accommodating couple. I recommend fully The Red Townhouse to anyone considering if life in the B&B business is for them.”
Steve27th Feb 2017
- “The course is spot on and done on a one to one basis around the table on a very informal structure. All the points that you need to know are covered and more. You really do enter as guests and leave as friends I can’t recommend the course enough. After leaving we felt we had all the info and tools to run a B&B. Even my partner who is not the best at courses enjoyed it. It is great value for money and so much better that any classroom training that you may have been on. Well done Richard & Elaine and thank you very much.”
B&B KNOW HOW NEWSLETTER
We will send you occasional newsletters with useful information relating to setting up, running and marketing a B&B, as well as any updates to the legal framework which appear from time to time. You may unsubscribe at any time…and please be assured, we never sell or pass on your details to anyone else.